Saturday 18 May 2019

Review: Their Little Secret

Their Little Secret Their Little Secret by Mark Billingham
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Been a while since I read Mark Billingham and I’m really not sure why because he never fails to deliver. In his latest, DI Thorne is haunted by a suicide and begins a personal investigation which reveals apparent links to the murder of a young man on Margate beach.

Billingham is skilled at police procedural with a cast of characters who come across as real people. And there is an excellent psychological thriller intercut with the police investigation as we follow a couple with a strange, complicated and unhealthy relationship. The writing is crisp and propels the story along; the dialogue is authentic, witty and sharp. This is the 16th in the Thorne series but can be read as a standalone with no issues. There are however enough references to events that have occurred in the five or six books that I have somehow managed to miss which, combined with a cast that I enjoy spending time with, make me want to jump back and catch up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

#BlogTour - Still See You Everywhere by Lisa Gardner

A remote tropical island. Countless dangerous secrets. No way to call help. ‘A  master of the thriller  genre’ David Baldacci ‘Full-on  acti...